A Registered Nurse (Public Health Nurse II equivalent) with a Child Care Health Consultant certification who prevents harm and promotes optimal health in child care programs and increases the capacity of child care facilities to provide a safe and healthy environment. The CCHC provides health consultations to child care providers in licensed child care center and homes.
What can a CCHC do for you?
- Annual review of children’s immunization report and child health report
- Contact families whose child is without health insurance or primary care provider and make a referral as appropriate
- Assist child care facilities with improvement of health and safety practices
- Development of Special Health Care Plans for children with special needs at child care facilities
- Provide Trainings in ITS-SIDS, Emergency Preparedness and Medication Administration
For more information contact Sherry Clark at 252-975-4647 ext. 8